Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

...introductions.





Hi there! 

I'm Molly and that's Alan, and we're the {future} McCormacks. We're just your average mid-20's couple who loves eating, drinking, our dogs, and spending time with friends and family. I'm a proud Clemson Tiger, and Alan is a graduate from the University of Alabama. We met at the Most Magical Place On Earth, Walt Disney World, where we lived and worked for the first 2 years of our relationship. Now we are engaged, and enjoying life in the Lone Star State- Houston, to be specific. 


Now enough about us (you'll get more of that if you keep reading), and onto why I created this blog...


I, like most women in America, have struggled with my weight since I can remember. And, again, like most women in America, have tried every trendy diet and trick out there. Low-carb, no-dairy, high protein, counting calories, counting points, 7 day cleanses, 21 day challenges...you name it, I tried it! And while I'd see results initially, they were never sustainable long term. And even worse- whatever food (or foods) I was depriving myself of, I eventually gave up and over indulged in them (think, an entire pizza in one sitting, washed down with a 6 pack). This would make me feel terrible about myself, and search for the next diet. It was a vicious cycle of binging, and restricting, and tracking, and crying. 


When we got engaged a year ago, I, like most brides, started thinking about the dreaded "wedding diet." I wanted (still do) to look perfect on my big day, and was overcome with panic of how to do it. Luckily, before starting any crazy challenges, I read a few books (my favorite is Michael Pollan's Food Rules), and watched a few documentaries (if you haven't seen "Fed Up" go watch it. Now. Seriously, stop reading this and go watch it. I'll wait). I started doing my own research on how to lose weight, and more importantly, how to be healthy. The answer I came to is pretty simple: eat whole, unprocessed foods, and move your body around once a day. 


But eating healthy doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite foods or recipes! Trust me- I am literally drinking a glass of wine as I type this, and we had pizza for dinner. Sound too good to be true? It isn't. 


Look at me, going off on a tangent. I am not here to be preachy, or act like I know the secret to a perfect lifestyle, or that I am above wings or cheesy fries. (Anyone who says they are above cheesy fries, does not deserve a seat at my dinner table). I've just found a few ways and recipes to make life a little healthier. And, I am just so darn excited about it, that I can't help but share it with anyone who cares enough to read this blog. 


So, hopefully, you're still with me. And, it would sure be neat if you'd follow me on this never-ending journey to revamp old favorite recipes (and create brand new ones) that will leave your taste buds dancing, without making your pants cry. Along the way, I'll be sharing the science behind food. As they say, knowledge is power. Understanding how food works, and how it effects my body, is easily the best tool I've found to keep up with this lifestyle. 


Well, I think that's enough for now. Until next time! 

Stay healthy and happy,
Molly


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging! Can't wait to get some amazing recipes and tips from one of my favorite couples :)

    ReplyDelete